Logging in Symbian based phones

Hi
I am using pjproject-1.12 source. Compiled source code in Carbide using FP2
SDK.
I was able to install .sisx file in symbian phone (E-72). The phone is able
to register with proxy server.
However the calls are not going. I wanted to debug why the calls are not
going.

I am bit new to symbian platform. Can somebody provide ways how do we debug
in symbian phones. When some scenario is not working , what is the best way
to find out root cause. In windows or linux, we can do debugging and find
the root cause, in symbian how to do that?

I wanted to generate log file, so that I can know whats going on.

I located a file symbian_ua.cpp in symbian_ua_gui.mmp project.
In that file, there is a function *int* symbian_ua_init().
I saw a piece of code as below.

    pjsua_logging_config_default(&log_cfg);
    log_cfg.console_level = LOG_LEVEL;
    log_cfg.cb = &log_writer;
    log_cfg.decor = 0;
    status = pjsua_init(&cfg, &log_cfg, &med_cfg);

While I was searching in google, how I can generate log file, somewhere I
found, I need to set the log level and file name.

So I modified above code to

    pjsua_logging_config_default(&log_cfg);
*    log_cfg.log_filename = pj_str("pjsiplog.txt");
    log_cfg.level = LOG_LEVEL;
*    log_cfg.console_level = LOG_LEVEL;
    log_cfg.cb = &log_writer;
    log_cfg.decor = 0;
    status = pjsua_init(&cfg, &log_cfg, &med_cfg);
After that I did a clean build, installed sisx file in my mobile and
executed registration, calls, and when I tried to locate
*pjsiplog.txt*file , I could not locate it in my target device (E-72).
Looks the log file
is never generated.

Can somebody help me how  I can generate log file for PJSIP in symbian.

Best Regards
Austin