Create a PBX

I think you should narrow down your question to specific components and
ask the question how to achive each component using the different
modules to pjproject exposes.  IMO the following components are a must
in a workable PBX framework.  You might get a better answer if you will
be more specific.

1.  Registrar - (Yes)
2.  SIP Proxy router (or B2BUA) - (Yes)
3.  Media Server (Auto-attendant, MoH, Voicemail)  - (Yes) but i've seen
post in this list that pjmedia is not wired and therefore would not
perform well in a multi-channel environmnet
4.  SIP Trunk compatibility layer (ISTP interoperability) - (Yes)
5.  RTP Proxy for NAT traversal - (Yes)
6.  Payload Transcoders - (Yes)
7.  Device provisioning - (No)
8.  ISDN interface (if you plan to support POTS in the PBX)  - (No)

Joegen