Audio fading out and back in

Hi, I'm using pjsip 1.0.x on both ends of the conversation, and sometimes I
have a problem where the audio fades out and back in. What I mean is the
other person talks and it is a fine volume, then all of a sudden it drops
while they're in the middle of talking to a volume that is very low. Then a
few seconds later (sometimes just a second, sometimes 3 or 4 seconds) it
comes back up to the normal level. And when I talk the same thing can happen
to them. It seems very intermittent. Sometimes we can go all day without it
hardly happening at all, and other times it happens quite a bit. Has anyone
ever experienced this, and does anyone have any suggestions for what I can
look at to try and resolve it?

Thanks,

Brad