Does PJSIP ever worked in linux?

I have run it on Ubuntu and openSUSE environments, both worked out of
the box for me!
Also the codec is no problem at all.

Segmentation fault sounds like you are using an invalid reference or
pointer.
Have you tried any of the examples that come with PJSIP? See if those
work, then you will know if you have problems in the PJSIP code, or your
own.

Good luck!