Choppy audio, possibly related to out of order timestamps ?

All,

We are debugging an audio quality problem during calls. Our setup
includes a Nokia phone (E51, E63), that runs a sip soft phone written
using PJSIP, PJMEDIA stacks.

During the call, the soft phone receives RTP packets with G729 payload.
The payload length varies between 90 and 140 across RTP packets in a
single session. Our debug has shown that packets are received with
timestamps out of order, table below indicates this

Pkt Seq number    Time stamp    Payload size
1                 960           120
2                 2240          140
3                 3360          140
4                 4160          130
5                 5200          130
6                 4800          100
7                 7280          130
8                 6400          100
9                 9360          130
10                11200         140
11                11440         130
12                13440         140
13                12480         120
14                15680         140
15                13200         110
16                11520         90
17                19040         140
18                12960         90
19                13680         90
20                19200         120

Could timestamps being out of order, i.e. not increasing monotonically,
cause the audio to sound "choppy" ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Vikram.