DTMF inband is not working on Symbian

Hi,

According to http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/VAS#Limitations VAS DTMF features are not implemented. I think that it really should be implemented, since lots of operators still only support RTP inband (insted of RTP out-of-band or SIP INFO). Is there a plan to implement the inband DTMF for Symbian?

I have tried using pjmedia tone generator following the example code, it works on emulator,... but pjmedia_conf_add_port() returns PJMEDIA_ENOTCOMPATIBLE as error code when calling pjsua_conf_connect() on the device. It doesn't help to temporary stop any stream before connecting the tone generator to the media bridge. The reason seems to be that I'm actually using only native platform codecs (i.e. VAS codecs) and I don't find any obvious way to encode the generated tones using the negotioated VAS codec (I have tested with PCMA)... Has somebody found a working solution for this issue?

I would like a solution using VAS CDTMFTonePlayer API. Is this a major change to PJMEDIA, or can this be added easily?

Any suggestions how to solve this issue are welcome.

Kind Regards,
Jonne