Voice Distorted on 2G iPhones

Mukesh-

> 	on 2g I have observed two problem one is latency
> issue and another is some time voice quality is very bad.
> 	For latency issues i have increased latency

When you say that you "increased latency" do you mean that you increased the jitter buffer depth, increased the packet
time, or both?

> and for other audio related problems i have wrote audio
> files for iphone and simulator.
> 	You can check these files in spokn/lib github
> repository in pjsipcompilation folder . File names  are
> pa_mac_core_iphone.c and pa_mac_core_iphonesimulator.c .
> 	I have use speex codec and not used G729 .

With speex, what packet time are you using?  20 msec?  40 msec?

-Jeff

> On 12-May-2010, at 6:35 PM, Re Mo wrote:
>
>> That's great, thank you, I will dive into the code.
>> Can you provide some details on how you resolved these issues?
>>
>> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Mukesh Sharma <mukesh.s at geodesic.com> wrote:
>> hi,
>> we have sorted out 2g Distorted voice issue.
>> u can checkout code on spokn on git hub.
>> pjsip compilation and changes is in  this folder lib/pjsipcompilation.
>> u can check spokn which  is available on app store.
>>
>> Regards
>> Mukesh
>> On 12-May-2010, at 5:29 PM, Re Mo wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Jeff
>>>
>>> 1) The example below indeed shows PCMU. I have used this for debugging purposes. Sorry for not mentioning this.
>>> 2) Regarding the bandwidth - since the app calls over WiFi and not data, I think this should not be an issue. What
>>> do you think?
>>>
>>> Thx
>>> Remo
>>>
>>> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 2:24 AM, Jeff Brower <jbrower at signalogic.com> wrote:
>>> Remo-

>>> One thing that seems to jump out is the call is not actually using G729, as you had mentioned.  Instead it's using
>>> G711 uLaw.  The aggregate bitrate (including IP/UDP/RTP headers) is almost 80 kbps, which would be correct for 20
>>> msec
>>> G711.  However, 80 kbps is too high for your 2G network max bandwidth, at least according to the bandwidth figures