Packaging for Fedora question

Sorry for the self-reply. I've discovered some more with some more
digging.

In article <hntuln$b5$1 at dough.gmane.org> you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to make RPMs for Fedora (with the intention getting it packaged
> into Fedora or RPMFusion[1]), but I've run into a few problems that would hinder
> proper packaging:
>
> NEED: Bundling libraries is a no-no in Fedora. Is it possible to get
>      support for building with system copies of codecs? From my limited
>      knowledge of the autotools, it seems it only bothers to check the
>      third_party directory.
>
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Shared_Libraries

This looks to have improved in trunk, but the other codecs should
ideally be treated similarly.

> NEED: Build shared libraries. Static libraries are frowned upon within
>      Fedora.
>
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Duplication_of_system_libraries
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:No_Bundled_Libraries

Things still seem to be statically linked.

> WANT: Support for parallel make would be nice. Mostly the issues seem to
>      come from the third_party directory not being built before the pj*
>      code when doing a parallel build.
>
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Parallel_make

Still seems to be broken by third_party.

> I can help with some things here, but since my knowledge of the
> autotools suite is fairly minimal, not sure how much I can help there.

Since there are existing snippets, I could help with the external
library support here.

> I can however offer test results on the following platforms:
>
>    Fedora 12 x86_64
>    Fedora 13 i686
>    Fedora 13 x86_64
>
> --Ben
>
> [1] It would need to go to RPMFusion if the codecs that are patent
>    encumbered must be built-in to be accessible (as opposed to as
>    plugins where just the codecs could then be put into RPMFusion and
>    pjsip itself can go into Fedora.

There are other SIP clients/servers which ship with support with the
codecs, so they should be good for inclusion in Fedora.

--Ben