pjsip on symbian losing wifi connection

I have a problem with PJSIP's behavior on Symbian when wifi connetion is
dropped while registered (whether on a call or just registered). PJSIP does
not notify on any of the callbacks but instead prompts the user to select an
access point, which is very undesirable behavior for my application.
How can I have PJSIP notify a callback function that the connection has been
lost and not show the access point dialog ?