bad quality on iphone 2G with os 3.0

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Mukesh Sharma <mukesh.s at geodesic.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have manage to run pjsip on iphone 3g with good audio quality .
> But when I run pjsip on 2g ,receiving quality is good but sending quality is
> bad.
> Also if I use headset both side quality is good.
> To figure out where is problem I have putted some debug statement in input
> sound thread by doing this i have found that frequency of calling callback
> increase ?if I insert headset.
> I have tested this with recorded message also.
> if any one had faced this problem please help.

I can't comment on any iPhone issues at all since I haven't tried it,
but FYI related to this we've just made some modifications in the
jitter buffer which should provide better quality on 2G type of
networks. So in relation to above, if the receiving end (which hears
the bad quality audio) is also pjsip based, you can try replacing it
with the newer version compiled with the newest jitter buffer.

The modifications that I'm talking about is
http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/969

Cheers
 Benny