Some requests/questions from a new user

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Ricardo Pescuma Domenecci
<pescuma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm developing a SIP plugin for Miranda IM and I've got some requests
> and some questions:
>
> 1. Could you add the option to bind and account to more than one
> transport? I'd like to assing 3: udp, tcp and tls.

Explicit transport binding is normally only needed for very specific
case, for example in multi-homed system and you want to control which
interface to use to send/receive messages. In most cases, just do not
bind it and you'll be able to use any transports created in the
library, which sounds like what you want.

> 2. Could, in the case that an account is bind to some transports, that
> those transports are used only for that account? I mean, when a
> message arrives, it is matched using the domain and I'd like that it
> would be matched using the relationship account/transport

You probably can, with UDP only though, and only when everything else
is bound to specific transport. But as a general suggestion, I'd
probably suggest to avoid this whole idea of binding account with
transport stuff.

> 3. Could it be possible to configure the STUN server and name server
> per account? Because a user can have 2 accounts, one with a server in
> the intranet (were both servers does not help) and one in the internet
> (were both servers are needed).

Unfortunately that's not possible. But the nameserver would still be
useful in intranet.

> 4. Could the log function receive an additional void *param and an
> account id when it makes sense? (for logs from a transport associated
> with an account, that account could be used)

That's not possible either, sorry.

> 5. Could it be possible to configure ICE per account?

Unfortunately no. The media transports are shared across all accounts.

> 6. I'm having problems when I subscribe to notifications of a contact.
> If the contact is not online when I register with the server, I get a
> "wait for it" message. When the contact goes online pjsip does not try
> to re-connect with it. Instead I receive an on_mwi_info notification,
> but I don't know what to do with it. Could someone please help me?
> (I'm using an asterisk server)

What kind of SIP subscription event is this?

Cheers
 Benny