Feature request : SSL_CTX_set_verify

Hi Pierre,

Just want to revisit this topic again :)

First, let me clarify that the issue added in ticket #1032 is about
giving a chance for application to "override" negative result in
certificate verification, not really the main idea you've suggested,
which was about exporting/escalating OpenSSL verification callback in
its 'native' way (including leaking some OpenSSL data), did I get it
wrong?

A reason behind 'ignoring' your main idea was that the use-case
samples you've given can be handled by the existing mechanism, e.g:
- certificate info could be queried via pj_ssl_sock_get_info().
- application can check whether certificate has been received by
calling pj_ssl_sock_get_info() in on_connect_complete().
- bypassing CA cert verification could be implemented without
exporting the verification callback to application.
Also the existing mechanism seems suitable for other SSL back-ends,
e.g: Symbian CSecureSocket.

So, basically we haven't seen any advantage of exporting the
verification callback other than possibility of optimization in SSL
handshake, i.e: immediately stopping the handshake when verification
fails.

BR,
nanang