"on_incoming_call" called twice for the same accountID issuing distinct callIDs

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Thomas Martin <tmemail at gmx.de> wrote:

> On the other hand: what is the real disadvantage of legacy (1)?

Some servers from a well known equipment manufacturer will close the
TCP connection as soon as it sends 200/OK to unregister request, hence
method 1 doesn't work. Method 2 was created exactly because of this.

On the other hand, another server from yet another well known VoIP
company don't have a clue that we're updating our contact using method
2, and it thinks that we're doing registration with multiple Contacts,
and it will reject the registration since it doesn't do forking.  And
of course, yet another server thinks the same, as you experienced.

So each has a drawback.

 -Benny