outgoing call ringing, media stream not created in response to 180 Ringing

Are you trying to play an audio file of a ringtone? You might find it
easier to generate the tone using PJSIP instead.

The route I took was to check to see what code was being returned from
the server, 180 or 183. If I receive a 180 I then generate the ringtone
locally. If you receive 183 you don't have to do anything since the tone
is being generated by your voip provider, server etc. If you interested
in the code for this I found pjsua_app.c to be very helpful.

Hope that helps,

Brad