PJSIP 1.7 - iOS 4

Benny,

Benny Prijono wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 5:27 AM, Samuel Vinson<samuelv at laposte.net>  wrote:
>
>> Benny,
>>
>> Is it possible to reopen UDP socket when pj_ioqueue_recvfrom/recvfrom...
>> returns PJ_STATUS_FROM_OS(ENOTCONN) ?
>> If yes, where is the best place ?
>>

> We made a patch for somebody before, to recreate the UDP socket handle
> inside the ioqueue itself when we have that error. But we haven't
> tested it ourselves on a real device, so I don't know how it would
> work.

I finally got around to trying this. Your patch is excellent, but I got
mixed results; still, I have that working now.

In more details: your patch worked perfectly in this scenario:
* launch the application
* send it to the background
* lock the iPhone
* unlock it
* bring the app back

If however I get a call while locked, both pj_sock_setsockopt(...
SO_REUSEADDR) and pj_sock_bind() fail for me.
Interestingly, ignoring errors from those calls seems to be ok for my
scenario (we only use UDP for RTP and RTCP, of course).
I'm not sure I understand why it does, and why this is not a problem for
Darald.
Admittedly, I have run limited tests so far; we'll see what comes up
during QA.

That said, right now I'm a happy camper :) Thanks again for the patch.

Andrea