CSipSimple : Pjsip port + Application for Android

Hi all,

I'm really pleased to announce you the first alpha release of a portage of
pjsip for Android : CSipSimple (http://code.google.com/p/csipsimple)

It's based on the trunk branch (1.x).
And will evolves with updates of the trunk, since for now the aim is not to
have a stable application : there is a lot of work remaining on the android
application itself.

A part of the port was based on the excellent work of Jurij Smakov
(VoiDroid) but I re-wrote the audio driver with new audio-dev API. (For now
audio driver is really minimalistic : only 8KHz and I only use G711 codec).
I also choose to use pjsip-jni project to glue with java (which I tweaked a
little bit in order to be compliant with the Dalvik JVM).

I will release an apk in next hours for those who want to test. And i'll
also give more information on how to build on
http://code.google.com/p/csipsimple/ . It will be also distributed on Google
Marketplace and Archos AppsLib.

Of course, all this work is opensource (released under GPLv3).

For now the build process is deeply linked to the android NDK (a
cross-compil facility toolkit).
But if you are interested, we could imagine to introduce the pjsip (C) part
of my project into a branch of pjsip (or trunk, since it could be not
intrusive just like symbian/wme specific code).

I hope this sounds a good news to you.
I have already a contribution (independent from android port for pjsua
registration module ;) but I'll send it in another post :).... one thing at
time ).

Let me know if you have any remarks or ideas; or if somebody is interested
joining this android project.

Cheers,
Regis.