Audio Quality when using g726 32 CODEC

Hi All,

I am facing some issues ith audio quality when implementing the G726-32
CODEC.

What exactly could be the reasons for the poor audio quality?

The ptime which is calculated for the CODEC turns out to be 10ms.

But when I am calling a Linksys voip phone which supports a G 726 32
protocol I face audio disruptions.

Does the Ptime play a major impact in the quality of the audio.

Please lemme know any basic stuff if I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Ravi

** Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any associated or attached files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person.

This email comes from a division of the Invensys Group, which is owned by Invensys plc, which is a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Portland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5BF (Registered number 166023).  For a list of European legal entities within the Invensys Group, please go to http://www.invensys.com/legal/default.asp?top_nav_id=77&nav_id=80&prev_id=77.

You may contact Invensys plc on +44 (0)20 7821 3848 or e-mail inet.hqhelpdesk at invensys.com. This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).