NTP timestamp relation

Hi all,

Are the NTP timestamps (calculated in rtcp.c) partly based off/dependant on when the application starts? There is a timestamp taken at rtcp_init, which is used in the calculation of NTP timestamps. It slightly perplexes me as I am looking to calculate a one way delay and have been trying to use the NTP timestamps. They've been giving some weird numbers. Is this the problem? Or should two NTP timestamps from different clients be able to be subtracted from one another and find a good one way delay (well a rough one way delay) and I'm just getting it wrong?

Thanks
Richard