Can PJSIP register with hundreds of VoIP providers at one time?

Eric Chamberlain wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2009, at 8:59 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>

>> Eric Chamberlain schrieb:

>>> Klaus,
>>> Interesting point.  How does your or other providers' configurations
>>> handle multiple registrations from the same IP:port?  Multiple users
>>> behind a firewall for example?  If you ignore the contact, how does
>>> the registering device know where to route an inbound call?
>>
>> Hi Eric!
>>
>> I was bit too less verbose. The provided contact will be stored by
>> the proxy, and during in incoming call, the RURI of the INVITE will
>> be set to the provided contact. However, the INVITE will not be sent
>> to the URI in the RURI, but to the IP:port from which the
>> registration was performed.
>>
>> For example in Kamailio (Openser) this is done by storing both data
>> during registration.
>>
>> location table (which holds the registered clients):
>>
>>    AoR      |  Contact                |  received_from
>> -------------+-------------------------+----------------
>> aaa at domain   | sip:192.168.0.1;line=1  |  1.2.3.4:5060
>> bbb at domain   | sip:192.168.0.1;line=2  |  1.2.3.4:5060
>>

>> Thus, an incoming call to aaa at domain will be sent to 1.2.3.4:5060,
>> with request line containing: INVITE sip:192.168.0.1;line=1
>>
>> In Kamailio, this can be activated by using fix_nated_register()
>> before calling save("location").
>>
>> If you do not sending back symmetrically, but instead using the
>> provided contact for routing, you have to validate the contact before
>> - for example a malicious user could send a REGISTER with
>>  Contact: sip:0900666666 at ip.address.ofyour.gateway
>> and the proxy will forward the request to its own PSTN gateway
>> instead of sending it to the user.
>>
>> regards
>> klaus
>>

> Klaus,
>
> Thanks for the clarification.  It sounds like the most compatible
> solution would be to run our pjsip code on the Asterisk box, so that
> the port and IP addresses would match and Asterisk could answer the
> inbound INVITEs.
Unfortunately that will be a bit kludgey as well.  Running the Python
app in the asterisk box would only  result  to the REGISTER having the
same source IP as asterisk but not the same port since  asterisk and
PJSIP would have different port bindings.  See my suggestion in my
earlier response.