Sound device access causing kernel crash on SAM9263

Hello,

Further to my previous mail on this topic...

If I cross-compile the pjsip stack, things still break. So I tried installing a new rootfs image with native toolchain and rebuilding pjsip natively.
The configuration stage now seems to think there's no alsa support and after building (~2hours!!) the code runs and hooks up to audio
successfully! OK, so the sound quality is crappy (seems to pulse in volume between normal and off at a fastish frequency, say 5-10Hz or so),
but it's progress.

Upshot is that I now *think* I have a problem with the alsa modules not being loaded by the kernel properly rather than having a problem with
the pjsip stack per-se, so I'll go and bug the people at OE / Angstrom instead.

Thanks,
John Martindale

P.s. I'd be perfectly happy with the OSS version if anyone can tell me how to sort out the audio quality easily. :-)

Practical Control Ltd
448 Brightside Lane
Sheffield
S9 2SP
T: 0114 2561888
F: 0114 2617052
www.practicalcontrol.com <http://www.practicalcontrol.com>

Registered in England: 4117809

addressed. This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are
not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
information is strictly prohibited.

author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Employees
of Practical Control are expressly required not to make defamatory
statements and not to infringe or authorise any infringement of
copyright or any other legal right by email communications. Any such
communication is contrary to company policy and outside the scope of the
employment of the individual concerned. The company will not accept any
liability in respect of such communication, and the employee responsible
will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising.