Echo problem in external speaker

Hello all,
   I tested call between external speaker(laptop) and other side is
desktop(headset).
   I am using SPEEX_AEC for echo canceller, In the desktop side I hear echo,
the echo canceller is not cancelling the echo in external speaker side. In
the external speakers side there is an option stereo mix, if I mute that
stereo mix I don't hear echo, if I unmute, I hear echo.
   But this stero mix option is not avalible in all the system.

   I noticed that play_cb and rec_cb callback calling is not sequential,
sometimes play_cb callback is called 3 times after rec_cb is called, some
times it is called only twice.

  we are giving the oldest frame to the echocanceller, its not cancelling
the echo.

How can I solve the echo problem in external speaker.

Thanks,
Radha.M