How to replace real-time voice with (e.g.) a mp3 file in PJSIP samples

Hi,

Javier G?lvez Guerrero wrote:
> AFAIK, the "Simple UA" (simpleua) sample application establishes a
> SIP/RTP/RTCP session, gets audio from the sound input (mic) on one side
> and dumps it on the sound ouput (speaker) on the other side, doesn't it?
 > What I would like to do is to stream an audio file (i.e. an mp3 file)
 > instead of real-time voice. I know I can stream WAV files with PJMEDIA's
 > "Remote Streaming" sample application, but I would like to do it within
 > a SIP session.

As pjsua manual <http://www.pjsip.org/pjsua.htm> states, there are
several options that can help you:

--play-file=file
--rec-file=file
--auto-play
--auto-rec

BTW, if you plan to measure round-trip delays, there is also "mtr"
utility (try "apt-get install mtr-tiny") which uses ICMP, but with its
options --interval SECONDS and --psize BYTES you can easily emulate RTP
traffic.

--
Roman Imankulov
roman at netangels.ru