HowTo add mic level amplification to simple_pjsua?

Hi Folks!

At first let me say, that this project is great and the only help
putting a sip framework onto headless systems. I was very happy having
found it!

While I am rather not experienced coding C in userspace applications I
managed to adapt simple_pjsua to interact with a java daemon kind of
remote controlling it.

Now I need to add more gain to our microphone input, it is too silent
out of the box. Since my alsa driver offers no "mic boost" button I
investigated the pjsip API and discovered pjsua_conf_adjust_rx_level()
should fullfill my needs. Even more because I can change this from
application side while running.

Is it sufficient simply to add "pjsua_conf_adjust_rx_level(0, 3);" into
simple_pjsua.c after "/* Init pjsua */" to achieve this?

Of course I am trying this out by myself now and I will see if
sufficient or not, but whatever success I have or not, is there a more
canonical way how this is done? I wan't to avoid "dirty hacks" when it
is done right in another way!

Kind regards, Konsti

--
Konstantin Kletschke

track IT GmbH
Hin?berstra?e 8
D-30175 Hannover

fon +49 511 3809890
fax +49 511 3809899

Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Thilo von Usslar, Prof. Hartmut Dannenberg
Amtsgericht Hannover  HRB 60983
Steuer Nr.: 2325 02520523667
Ust-IdNr.: DE228892 503