How to receive PUBLISH outside a dialog?

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Peter Cai <newptcai at gmail.com> wrote:

> In SIP protocol.  PUBLISH must be in a dialog started by SUBSCRIBER.  But
> in our system, we don't 100% follow the RFCs.
>
> With PJSIP, I have to create a dialog to receive PUBLISH.  So now my
> problem is : How to do that without a dialog?
>
> I've considered register a module to catch all incoming PUBLISH messages.
> But that seems a little complicate.  Is there any other way?

Actually PUBLISH doesn't use dialog, and that's how it's implemented in
PJSIP too. If you want to receive any (incoming) out of dialog requests just
register your module to pjsip_endpoint that that should be sufficient. The
Dev Guide PDF has more explanation about this.

cheers
 Benny