automatic call

Hello,
 We are a small web hosting and address new solutions for monitoring. Using custom scripts, which we sent over GSM SMS gateway in the event of a problem. SMS, however, often wakes in the night sleeping man, and also in less important services where we have non-stop surveillance, we would like to provide better notification.

 The best solution I came through the VOIP calls directly from the linux server. From a local VOIP provider I have a login, password and SIP IP.

 My idea is that a command from the console to call the call. Is this something easily workable? Or to have to break up the entire central office as an asterisk? My only dial numbers, the phone no one machine will not raise the same:)

 Thanks a lot for the tips.