Port not allowed in from and to header?

2009/3/26 Gang Liu <gangban.lau at gmail.com>

> I know your tips for SER. But it wouldn't work if there is another SIP UA
> using 5060 at the same IP.The record-route would be broken.

What I normally suggest for using non-standard SIP port is to setup DNS SRV
for the domain (and nameserver for the client), and configure the SIP port
there so we don't need to specify the port number in the SIP requests.

You will also get problem with presence/IM due to the lack of port number in
the From header. For example, a non-buddy sends you an IM, you want to add
him/her to the buddy list, so you get the URI from the From header. Of
course since From also doesn't have port number, you'll get wrong URI from
it.

So DNS SRV is the best solution for using non-standard SIP port number IMO.

cheers
 Benny