From: Benny Prijono <bennylp@xxxxxxxxx>
To: pjsip list <pjsip at lists.pjsip.org>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 8:44:40 PM
Subject: Re: how to check for incoming event from PJSUA API

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Soh Wei Sin <wssoh85 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi all,

    Currently I'm using pjsua API for my application. In my application, I would like to check for incoming instant message and extract the message from the MESSAGE packet. However, I have no idea on how to detect an incoming sip message from my application. Is there are any function that can return the status of incoming message so that I can check for it?

I had read the PJSIP Developer's guide, in http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/SIP_Message_Buffer_Event. there said that RX Message Event is the event that a packet of sip message is coming. But I don't know how to check status of it. Can anyone give me some help? or how to check for an incoming event?

Since you are using pjsua-lib, all should have been taken care of and you shouldn't need to go to the low level message buffer stuff to get the incoming IM. Simply implement the on_pager() callback and that should be it.

Please see the doc on on_pager() callback: http://www.pjsip.org/pjsip/docs/html/structpjsua__callback.htm#fe46b2fc1622020f6525a5481d87258e

And the rest of pjsua-lib documentation of course: http://www.pjsip.org/pjsip/docs/html/group__PJSUA__LIB.htm

cheers
 Benny