EC too CPU intensive on idling?

Hi,

We are working with pjsip1.0rc2 (rev2268). We noticed that EC is not getting
suspended on idle (i.e. no calls being made/received) which makes it CPU
intensive even on idling (on an average process consumes 15% of CPU time on
a dual core CPU). Our only modification here is that we have added the speex
preprocessor (for AGC) in the player callback (play_cb() of sound_port.c)
and we use a master clock to drive the conference bridge; both of which were
existent when we had our application on pjsip0.7 (no such problem was
observed there). On looking deeper, it seems that the
pjmedia_port_get_frame() always returns a frame successfully even when while
idling. Is that supposed to happen? If the behaviour is correct, what has
changed to make this thread much more CPU intensive while idling?

Curiously on making a call, this thread (the process actually) becomes less
CPU intensive and idling again shoots up CPU consumption.

All help is appreciated.

Regards,
Anshuman