TLS support

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Alexandre Savard <
alexandre.savard at savoirfairelinux.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have 3 simple questions concerning TLS and pjsip.
>

> 1. Is it possible to use the TLS without the pjsip-ua library?
> We are currently using GNU ccRTP for the RTP transport layer and we are
> using pjsip for sip signals. It works just fine with UDP.

The TLS transport is part of pjsip-core, so no, it doesn't need pjsip-ua
library.

> 2. Is the TLS handshaking protocol actually occur while calling
> pjsip_tls_transport_start() or do I need to implement it manually?
> I'm initializing the transport as follow but no TLS related packet
> is sent to Asterisk (pbx server), only one TCP.

The handshake will start as soon as you're sending the first request (hence
outgoing TLS connection will be initiated).

>   pjsip_tls_setting tls_opt;
>
>   pjsip_tls_setting_default(&tls_opt);
>
>   status = pjsip_tls_transport_start(_endpt, &tls_opt, &bound_addr,
> &a_name, 1, &tpfactory);
>
>   status = pj_sockaddr_in_init(&bound_addr,
> &tpfactory->addr_name.host ,(pj_uint16_t)tpfactory->addr_name.port);
>
>   status = pjsip_endpt_acquire_transport(_endpt, PJSIP_TRANSPORT_TLS,
> &bound_addr, sizeof(bound_addr), NULL, &tls);
>

> 3. Finally, I wan't to do a simple hanshaking, I configured Asterisk
> using an openssl self-signed certificate, everything works fine.
> Looking at pjsip code, it seems to me that pjsip_tls_setting_default()
> is sufficient to get it working. Am I right?

Yes that's pretty much it for a simple TLS encryption without
authentication.

cheers
 Benny