pjsip_udp_transport_start - async_cnt

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Mark Webster
<mark.webster+pjsip at gmail.com<mark.webster%2Bpjsip at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> Hi PJ-people,
>
> Forgive me if this is a silly question, but I was hoping I could get some
> clarification on what the "async_cnt" parameter actuallly does here.
> I'm in the late stage of developing a server application which will have a
> large volume of calls going through it. Currently I'm working on improving
> network / audio stability and optimising things for running on multi-core
> processors.
>
> All the example code I can find passes "1" for async_cnt. What is the
> significance of increasing this? Should it be the same as the number of
> worker threads on the endpoint?

Yes, exactly. It specifies how many incoming packets that it can handle in
parallel, and simultaneous asynchronous recv() operations that the transport
issues, if the ioqueue supports it (e.g. if Win32 IOCP or linux epoll is
used). Of course this only makes sense if multiple threads is used.

cheers
 Benny