VXML Browser and PJSIP/PJMEDIA

Hi Kishore,

you are asking exactly about what I am doing. At our department we have
a VoiceXML interpreter with TTS and ASR engines which is able to
communicate via ISDN. We needed it to support SIP telephony as well and
decided to implement it with PJSIP library (namely PJSUA). I can
recommend it, it is pretty easy and provides sufficient functionality.

One more experience. PJSUA (or PJSIP as a whole) is designed as a client
library. In VoiceXML software where attended call transfers and similar
features are needed (3PCC -- 3rd party call control) it is better to act
as B2BUA (back to back user agent -- fork a call and act as a client on
both sides). Do not do this with PJSIP (or let me know if you succeed
:)), it is better to implement just basic telephony functionality in
your VoiceXML interpreter and use a proxy/gateway (e.g. Asterisk) for
advanced call control features.

By the way, PJSIP does not support in-band DTMF detection, but it is
very easy to implement it as a custom PJMEDIA port.

Good luck!

- Vali