Question about

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:38 AM, ??? <shchoi at etri.re.kr> wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I am studying Adaptive Jitter Buffer in pjsip.
>
> In pjsip code,
>
> /* States */
>    int             jb_level;           /**< delay between source &
>                                             destination (calculated
> according
>                                             of the number of burst get/put
>                                             operations)
>  */
>
> I can't understand to calculate the delay by just GET/PUT operation
> How different is between that delay and E2E delay of real packet timestamp?

GET is called periodially every 20 ms (or whataver frame_ptime is). PUT is
called everytime frame arrives from the network. So if there is no jitter,
then the number of GET and PUT will be equal all the time (plus/minus one).
If there is jitter, then the jitter value is the difference between the
value of the two operations.

The pro of this approach is it doesn't rely on wall time, and if there is
actually jitter in the GET operations too, then it will be accommodated by
the jbuf as well.

> Is there a PAPER or a PATENT about adaptive jitter buffer algorithm
> implemented pjsip?

I'm not aware of that, and definitely I don't want to know about it!

cheers
 Benny

Thanks.