using sample applications - sound problem

All,

I'm working primarily on Mac OS X with Xcode and the Subversion trunk
of pjproject (pjproject 1.0.1 -> 1.1). I'm not yet building any
application, just verifying the tool chain and trying to understand
pjsip's architecture. While the sample application pjsua works well,
simpleua and simple_pjsua do not. I cannot hear anything when I use
the latter two to initiate a call. I can see that the registration and
invites flow, but I cannot hear any ringing or audio playback. Since
pjsua works in this regard, I assume that this is not a hardware/
software platform issue. I'm simply calling an echo test at 613 at fwd.pulver.com
. I've also tried this under ubuntu with similar results. I do see the
following errors on Mac OS X:

13:06:19.196 sip_transport_  Error setting SO_RCVBUF: No buffer space
available [120055]
13:06:19.196 sip_transport_  Error setting SO_SNDBUF: No buffer space
available [120055]

As I see this error with all three applications, I'm not sure it
relates to the sound problem.

Am I mistaken about the use and purpose of these samples?

Thanks,

Chris