Updating uport and dport from within wav eof callback

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:33 PM, mayamatakeshi <mayamatakeshi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> in my app I am connecting a media_port from a sip media_session to a
> null_port. When I need to play a file, I create a wav_player_port and set a
> callback t be notified when the player reaches the EOF, so that I can
> connect the port from the stream back to a null_port. But if I try do so
> inside the callback, my app starts to misbehave (as if memory was
> corrupted). It seems it is not possible to replace my uport and dport in the
> master_port inside the callback.
> I can see the app will not misbehave if I move the code that sets the
> uport/dport and restarts the master_port out of the callback (called later).
> Is this a shortcoming of the implementation or am I doing something wrong?

I did not foresee this use case when creating the master port, so yeah, it's
not supported. You can see the clock_callback() function in master_port.c,
it is obvious there that the function really did not expect stuffs to be
destroyed in the middle.

Cheers
 Benny