Pjproject 0.8.0 sound issue (old version because ofvideo extension)

Hi Benny,

Thank you for your help. I would definitely like to port the video
modifications to a newer release, if time allows.

However, I could resolve the problem on my own. Here are the points that
I consider as important:

1. Using laptops, the CPU should not be set to the power save (or power
on demand) mode. Automatic CPU frequency adaptation causes artifacts (
"cpufreq-set -g Performance"  is the solution).

2. I've replaced the port audio lib with the stable snapshot from the
portaudio website. It reduced the application start-up time.
Additionally, I've replaced pasound.c (and adapted other files
respectively) to avoid the sampling mismatch for OSS.

3. However, using OSS sound driver (dsp devices under linux) causes some
minor artifacts on my hardware, so ALSA must be used.

Thanks,

Blazej