Pjproject 0.8.0 sound issue (old version because of video extension)

Dear mailing list,

I get a strange sound problem using version 0.8.0, and hope that it is a
known issue already:

0) Tested on Debian Lenny, on 3 different laptop computers.

0) Sender and receiver are placed on the same computer and are sending
to local host = no chance for packet loss.

1) The sound quality using the speex codec is affected periodically. It
sounds like a resampling problem (periodical stuttering).

2) Using PCM I can hear single clicks at random times.

3) The application starts quite long on my computer. (Seems to be
related to PortAudio)

4) Using version 0.9.0 the problem disappears, on the same machine.

I would prefer to resolve this problem in 0.8.0 (use a patch) than
upgrading to a newer version.

We did an extensive modification to the version 0.8.0 to support video
transmission. We are also in the testing phase now.

Thank you for your support,

Blazej Lewcio

Deutsche Telekom Laboratories, Berlin, Germany