In-band DTMF detection

Ok I have not done inband but I have done FFT and they are similar in
terms of approach.  For inband dtmf check out this algorithm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goertzel_algorithm

Now for how to get the audio data from the conference port source to
the detection algorithm.  Do this.
Just a memory capture device and every time you get a packet of audio
data call this dedection function to determine what dtmf's are
present, then you can call your on_dtmf_callback function for a
seemless interface between inband and non-inband calls.

That is the short answer.