transport_udp on_rx_rtcp problem

Michael Broughton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting an assertion failure in transport_udp, on_rx_rtcp using
> pjsip version 1.0.2.
>
> I think this might just be a corner case in the PJ_LOG on line 578. I
> don't think this is a serious issue, but I thought I would check with
> the experts.
>
> I have attached all of the interesting bits from gdb. I think the
> problem is that it is try to print udp->rtcp_src_addr, which is all
> zero's.
>
> The other address of interest is udp->rem_rtcp_addr (172.16.1.5). This
> is an address on one of our VIOP providers networks (we have a private
> connection to their network). I only mention this because they say
> that they do support RTCP, but I don't think we get any RTCP packets
> from them. Also when I try to ping that address I get no response. I'm
> not sure if this is relevant or not.
>
> I don't think I have anything useful to post from the log file
> (running at log level 3), but let me know if there is anything else I
> can pull out of GDB.
>
> Thanks,

Ok, this issue is much weirder than I initially thought. It looks like
something is overwriting udp->rtcp_src_addr with zero's, right before
the assertion failure.

The only place in the code that this happens (pj_bzero) appears to be
the transport_attach function. Please correct me if I am wrong.

My question is: Is it possible for transport_attach and on_rx_rtcp (or
on_rx_rtp) to be called at the same time, for the same transport, from
different threads?

--
Michael Broughton, Advanis

Unintended Recipient & Unauthorized Use of E-Mail:
This message and attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information that is intended only for the named recipient of this
e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution is not permitted. If you
have received this e-mail in error, deleting the e-mail and notifying
the sender would be appreciated. Thank you.