Degradation of Speech Quality

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Massimiliano Montevecchi <
massimiliano.montevecchi at elsagdatamat.com> wrote:

> [Montevecchi] This morning I am going to run a new test campaign with the
> new fix regarding enhancement #638. I apply the only this fix to
> pjsip.1.0.rc2

Just to double check, ticket #638 has several changesets in it, so make sure
you've got at least changeset 2317 too.

> [Montevecchi] Ok. How can I send you the logs? they are bigger than 100Kb.

That's fine, you can send it to this list (zipped of course).

I have other 2 questions.
> The first one is about pjsua call statistics.
> I have put a network impairment emulator between the two hosts involved in
> the voip call, that's in order to test the network statistics reported by
> pjsua. I noticed something strange when I simulate a jitter with the
> impairment emulator: pjsua reports a lot of packet loss (see jitter.log).
> The jitter introduced by the impairment follows a uniform law for the
> distribution of the probability (please look at jpg in attach).
> Could you please explain these statistic values?

I can't explain that now. But from what I saw in the log, it seems that the
impairment device not only introduced jitter, but also packet reordering. I
don't remember on top of my head if this would be treated as packet lost.
Let me check the source tomorrow.

> The second one is about problem during the call establish session (INVITE).
> My test environment is based on OPENIMSCORE as proxy and registrar.
> So when I do a call it is mediated by OPENIMSCORE.
> Sometimes happens that the INVITE sent by OPENIMSCORE to the called host is
> bigger than 2000 bytes. In this case pjsua doesn't manage that pdu.

True.

> How can I solve the problem? Do I have to change the #define
> PJSIP_MAX_PKT_LEN?

Yes. And probably PJ_LOG_MAX_SIZE too so that large packets can still be
logged.

Cheers
 Benny