Degradation of Speech Quality

Hi Benny

This morning I have run about 1500 PESQ evaluations.

As I told you, I have used pjsua 1.0-rc2 + changes coming from enhancement
#638.

In attach you can find the pjsua's configuration used:

codec PCMU

no vad

no echo suppressor

I am summing up the results:

Result

Minimum of OT.PesqScoreMin

Average of OT.PesqScoreAvg

Minimum of TO.PesqScoreMin

Average of TO.PesqScoreAvg

Total

Executed

Failed %

TcRun #

PASSED

3.56

4.38

3.26

4.38

150

150

0

150

A single test consists of 4 PESQ evaluations on each side of the call:
OT.Pesq = PESQ performed on called side; TO.Pesq = Pesq performed on caller
side.

The speech sample is 7 seconds long and a call is about 1 minute long.

You can see that the average of the PESQ score is good, but there is some
test with low values.

In general the PESQ score with lower value is related to the first
evaluation of the call, but that it is not always true.

Now I am doing the same tests after the activation of the VAD.

The first results highlight that there is a considerable worsening of the
PESQ measures stability.

Let me now how to send you logs.

Best Regards

Massimiliano