Default candidate selection in ice_strans.c

Hi,

Regarding ICE strans in the PJNATH library.

I'm curious as to whether I've misunderstood the 'default candidate'
selection process currently in ice_strans.c.

At the moment, the default seems to be set while possibly still pending
full initialisation (e.g., if I set stun-srv, the default_cand is set to
indicate that this is the default candidate while STUN is still pending
a response; if a response never arrives, then the default candidate addr
is 0.0.0.0, and things may then fall over on attempting a call).

Would it make more sense to only set the default candidate to the HOST
address on init, and then subsequently set the default candidate inside
the stun_on_status() and turn_on_status() functions, if a more
appropriate default becomes available?

As I understand draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-19, the default should be the most
likely candidate to allow a peer to successfully transmit data inbound
(so, generally, relay == most likely, host == least likely, if we assume
the host has nominated a relay for good reason), which is somewhat at
odds with the preferred choice of (host == best, relay == worst).

But surely if a STUN bind hasn't succeeded, and/or a TURN relay hasn't
been allocated, then the -only- default which can be set is the host.
No?

Cheers,
-S.