Degradation of Speech Quality

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Massimiliano Montevecchi <
massimiliano.montevecchi at elsagdatamat.com> wrote:

> [Montevecchi] Hi, Benny.
> Thank you for your answer. I can perform PESQ tests on each pjsip version
> you are going to release. As I told you, I have an automatic test
> environment based on windows xp hosts (cpu: intel Pentium M 1.8 Ghz).

Hi Massimiliano,

that's an awesome offer! And I think I will take that. :)

I would not ask you to test each pre-release version though, I suppose that
would be too much of a burden. But it would be great if you could report any
degradation in voice quality every now and then.

But for a start, Nanang has just made some changes in the latest SVN, could
you fetch it and re-run the test? We think that that should improve the
score, but haven't verified that. So it will be great if you could test
this, since we're about to release rc3 very soon.

> A single call of my tests is about 1 minute long and each party plays the
> same speech sample 4 times. PESQ evaluation is performed for each played
> sample. I noticed (that confirm your opinion) that often the worst PESQ
> score is the first one. But sometimes also some PESQ score in the middle is
> bad.

I see. Are you using pjsua for the test, or a custom application?

> If it could be helpful I can provide you a lot of traces.

Couple of traces/logs from the failed tests would probably help.

Cheers
 Benny