Comfort noise in speex (or any other codec?)

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Ruud Klaver <ruud at ag-projects.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  From what I've seen the speex codec is supposed to include a comfort
> noise generator. However, I cannot find any solid information about it
> in the speex documentation.

I was looking for this information myself. Perhaps it will automagically
generate the CNG if we call decode() with NULL argument? Dunno.

Is PJSIP suppose to enable any sort of CNG when the VAD is enabled?
> Using speex or any other codec? Right now I just hear silence...

We don't have CNG support for now, for the reason that we don't know how to
activate the CNG in the codecs. But once someone figures this out perhaps it
will be fairly easy to add.

Cheers
 Benny

Ruud Klaver