Making sense of jitter related PJMEDIA debug messages

Hi Benny and Klaus,

On 08 Sep 2008, at 17:05, Benny Prijono wrote:

> A little bit addition, actually pjsua should produce the same log
> messages, it's just that they are suppressed by log level is 4.
> Whether they're harmful or not depends on whether the audio quality
> is good (or not). If audio is good, then they're not harmful, and if
> audio is bad, then those are stuff that you or I need to look into. :)
>
> Cheers
>  Benny

> > wrote:
> Hi Ruud!
>
> I have tons of such warnings when testing with clients running in
> VMwares. The time in my VMware is not accurate thus the clients have
> different timing and it happens that the jitter buffer gets filled
> up or
> gets empty. Then pjsip dynamically increases/decreases playback
> speed to
> compensate the different timing (actually the pitch stays constant -
> thus streaming a music file sounds very funy).
>
> Maybe your problem is similar.
>
> regards
> klaus

I explicitly did --log-level=5 on pjsua, and it is not exhibiting
these messages, which made me suspicious. Also I am running on "real"
hardware, i.e. a Macbook.

On the other had, the audio is sounding just fine. I'm just wondering
why I'm getting such messages in my software and if I am using PJMEDIA
correctly.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects