Inband-DTMF detection

Sa?l Ibarra wrote:
>> Locally, I'm using SIP INFO (and it works just fine).  However, my
>> client told me that in the live environment, SIP INFO and RFC 2833 are
>> not available.  The application will directly connect to a carrier, and
>> they won't do DTMF detection for us.
>
> What do you mean with live environment? At least every sip-thing I
> know supports info or rfc2833... And notice you can't use inband whith
> compressed codecs...

After your e-mail I asked a few more questions, and it turned out my
client was just making an 'educated guess' and assumed all detections
should be done inband.

Anyway, if someone is interested in an (untested) inband DTMF detector,
just drop me a line.  I've got two versions, one depending on SpanDSP
and one using the algorithm described in my first e-mail.

Sorry for bothering the list about this :)

--
Privateer Software Development (www.privateer-software.nl)
* web usability, web accessibility, web development