Problem with file format in pjsua_player_get_port

Hi,

On 01/09/2008, Fr??d??ric CLEMENT <fclement at viatelecom.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I get a strange problem playing files with pjsua_player_create.
> When I try to play the example wav file given with the psip library, all is
> working very well.
>
> I tried with a file of mines and I get the following message :
>
> 10:58:48.027  pjsua_media.c Unable to open file for playback: Not a valid
> WAVE file (PJMEDIA_ENOTVALIDWAVE) [status=220180]
> FCVOC: ../src/pjsua-lib/pjsua_media.c:1784:
> pjsua_player_get_port: Assertion
> `id>=0&&id<(int)(sizeof(pjsua_var.player)/sizeof(pjsua_var.player[0]))'
> failed.
> Abandon
>

> What I understood is that the format of my file is wrong.
> With sox, I get following :
>
> The working file :
>
> Input Filename : ../sound.wav
> Sample Size    : 16-bits
> Sample Encoding: signed (2's complement)
> Channels       : 1
> Sample Rate    : 8000
>
> The non-working file :
>
> Input Filename : Acc2.wav
> Sample Size    : 16-bits
> Sample Encoding: signed (2's complement)
> Channels       : 1
> Sample Rate    : 8000
>

> It seems to me that the formats are the same.
> So why is one working and the other not ?

There are few more attributes checked by wav_player, like: tags, file
size. So PJMEDIA_ENOTVALIDWAVE may be produced by any of those checks.
If it is possible, please try to debug stepping into
pjmedia_wav_player_port_create().

> By the way, how can I avoid the program to stop on this kind of error ?

Pjsua application (pjsua_app.c) does stop if it failed to open wav
file, regardless of whether there is assertion or not, so I am afraid
the solution would be modifying the behavior of pjsua_app.c as you
want, e.g: ignoring pjsua_player_create() error.

> I tried to compile with NDEBUG flag, but it still stops on "Assertion".

In release mode, normally assertion should not be occured, please try
to clean up before rebuild.

Regards,
nanang