g729 - symbian port - FABIO

Still, remember that with approach:

a) you will always have to follow the rules described for "Certified
Signing" because you always use APS (but without "direct codec")
b) other than this you will also have to pay G729 royalties (not to be
paid in case of direct usage of APS codec)
c) you will have a huge performance slowdown because you will have X2
encoding/decoding operation on-device

record)  APS record from microphone, encode it in G711, PJSIP decode
G711, then PJSIP encode it G729
play)  PJSIP receive from network G729, decode it to PCM, encode it to
G711, send it to APS, APS decode G711

So you will have for recording:
2 X encode operation
1 X decode operation

So you will have for playing:
1 X encode operation
2 X decode operation

Instead hooking APS directly inside PJMEDIA you will have only 1
operation for playing and 1 operation for recording.

Fabio