Scripting with pjsua

Hi,

I have compiled pjsua on debian and did some tests, everything is
working fine but I just can't figure out one thing to achieve what I
need.
I would like to get pjsua to make a call and then just hang up and
quit after an amount of time. If I set the --duration then it hangs up
but it doesn't quit.
What I intend to do is following, make a script that runs every 5
minutes, makes a call, if call was answered return a OK status if call
is not answered within --duration then return an error code.
Is there any way of achieving this or do I have to use the python-api
or modify some of the C code?

Regards, Cristian