From: pjsip-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org]
On Behalf Of Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 5:59 PM
To: pjsip list
Subject: Re: Symbian_ua_gui unable to use APS on E71

A custom one that does Voice Streaming over non IP network (GSM).

I personally consider AMR 4.75 with DTX/CNG features one of the best
codec available in terms of bandwidth requirements and voice quality.

Consider that AMR codec is completely execute in hardware by the S60
platform, the battery usage it's widely improved.

However, other than APS, now PJSIP will have to face a new
implementation for the new Voice Audio Services API for Nokia S60 FP2
devices (where APS is deprecated but "it works").

The audio subsystems on Symbian represent a nightmare, since Symbian 8
full-duplex audio capabilities!

Fabio