Question about DTMF's

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Dave <spawnage at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a connection between a pjsip application and cisco
> callmanager express.
> I'm currently trying to get DTMF messages from the CCME to my
> application but have so far had no success.
>
> Now as far as i understand it, pjsip supports detection of incoming
> DTMF messages only via the SIP-Info method.

And RFC 2833.

> CCME prefers to use a
> proprietary SIP-notify method, so I would guess the pjsip doesn't
> support this?

No.

> Currently, during call setup, debug info from the CCME shows that the
> chosen method of sending DTMF messages is in-band. The CCME indicates
> it's preferred method is SIP-Notify, but pjsip tells it to use
> in-band.

Hmm.. I guess what CCME calls in-band is actually RFC 2833?

> My main question:
> How can I change the prefered way of pjsip to SIP-Info, or Notifiy if
> that happens to be supported?

We have no such thing as "preferred way" in pjsip. Incoming RFC 2833
events or DTMF SIP INFO will be automatically accepted. And for
sending, the application (or pjsua users) chooses between the two with
explicit API/command. AFAIK SIP INFO has been deprecated?

Cheers
 Benny